Register to get unlimited Level 2

InterContinental Hotels says no guest data accessed in cyber attack

By Michele Maatouk

Date: Thursday 29 Sep 2022

InterContinental Hotels says no guest data accessed in cyber attack

(Sharecast News) - InterContinental Hotels said on Thursday that no guest data was accessed in the cyber attack announced earlier this month, and that following a period of disruption, its booking websites, mobile apps, and most of the other booking channels and revenue-generating systems have been reactivated.
Service at the company's reservation and customer care call centres has been recovered and all of its systems restored, IHG said. It added that during the disruption in its central systems, IHG-branded hotels continued to operate and were able to take reservations directly.

"We have continued to carry out additional steps as part of our recovery and assurance plans to review and further enhance our security measures," the hotel chain said.

"External specialists were engaged to investigate the incident, and no evidence of unauthorised access to systems storing guest data has been identified. We have also reported the criminal activity to law enforcement. We continue to work closely with our hotels and owners throughout this time."

The company first announced on 7 September that part of its technology systems had hit by a cyber attack, disrupting booking channels and other applications.

..

Email this article to a friend

or share it with one of these popular networks:


Top of Page